2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Lubrication & Anti-Friction Bearings (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term "pour point" is defined as the lowest temperature at which lubricating oils will flow ______________.
2. Which of the following statements is used to describe the term "base" in reference to greases?
3. A grease lubricated ball bearing or roller bearing will run cooler if the grease ______________.
4. In a compression type grease cup, the lubricant is forced into the bearing by ______________.
5. Which of the processes listed consumes the greatest amount of power while producing the greatest amount of heat?
6. The packing installed in the pump stuffing box is lubricated by ______________.
7. An organic solid lubricant, such as graphite, is suitable as an oil additive when used in ______________.
8. The best method of fixing a winch motor bearing of the sealed type that is running hot is to ______________.
9. Adsorption filters are not commonly used in steam turbine or diesel engine lubricating systems because they ______________.
10. Although lube oils used in the main lubricating service systems should have a relatively high flash point to avoid ignition, they can create smoke and fire hazards when they ______________.