2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Automation - Instrumentation (Set 5)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main propulsion diesel engine jacket water temperature rises above normal, with the raw water sea suction and the expansion tank water level being normal. Which of the following problems is most likely the cause?
2. Constant capacity pressure atomizing fuel oil burners installed on automatically fired auxiliary boilers, respond to variations in load demand by _________.
3. Burner ignition failure in an automatically fired auxiliary boiler would be caused by __________.
4. An automatically fired auxiliary boiler is required by Regulations to be shutdown as a result of ____________.
5. If the combustion control system of an automatically fired auxiliary boiler fails to restart from the normal shutdown mode, you should check for _____________.
6. When the steam pressure drops below a set value on an automatically fired auxiliary boiler, fitted with rotary cup atomizers, the combustion control system will ____________.
7. The jacket water temperature in a diesel engine closed freshwater cooling system is normally controlled by ____________.
8. On an automatically fired auxiliary boiler, the steam pressure limit switch is wired into the burner electric circuit to ______________.
9. A failure of any component of a flame safeguard control for an auxiliary boiler will result in ____________.
10. The fuel oil supply system to an automatic auxiliary boiler, will automatically shutdown if the boiler _____________.