2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Compressed Air System (Set 6)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Excessive lube oil consumption by a reciprocating air compressor can be caused by ____________.
2. Which of the following problems could cause air to blow out through the inlet air filter of a running compressor?
3. After disassembly, the safest way to remove carbon deposits from air compressor inlet and discharge valves is to use ____________.
4. If an air compressor is used to supply air primarily to the combustion control system and other pneumatic controllers, the entire system is known as the ____________.
5. A dirty intercooler on the ship service air compressor will result in ____________.
6. Slipping drive belts on a ship service air compressor is a probable symptom of ____________.
7. A dirty intercooler on an air compressor will cause ____________.
8. Air line lubricators are used in compressed air systems to lubricate ____________.
9. If an air compressor is used to supply compressed air to outlets throughout the engine room and on deck of a vessel, the system is known as the ____________.
10. Which of the following statements represents the path of air flow passing through a typical two stage, low pressure, reciprocating, air compressor?