2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Four Stroke Engines (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following methods is normally used to lubricate bearings in a small high-speed diesel engine?
2. Clearance volume scavenging in a turbocharged, four-stroke/cycle diesel engine is accomplished _________.
3. Trunk-type diesel engine pistons are most effectively cooled by heat _________.
4. The reversing cams of some four-stroke/cycle diesel engines are brought into position by _________.
5. Which of the following conditions can cause above normal air temperature to develop in the
6. How much will the jacket water temperature normallyincrease between the inlet and outlet of
7. Trunk type diesel engine pistons are effectively cooled when heat is _________.
8. Ring groove inserts are occasionally used on aluminum alloy pistons to ___________.
9. Broken intake valve springs on one cylinder of a diesel engine can cause the engine to ___________.
10. Excessive lube oil consumption in a diesel engine can be caused by _________.