2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Governor & Overspeed Control (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diesel engines driving alternators operating in parallel must maintain a set frequency regardless of load changes. The governor characteristic used to accomplish this is known as _____________.
2. Increasing the load on an engine equipped with a constant speed mechanical governor, will cause the engine speed to initially _______________.
3. How is the diesel engine operating RPM affected when a "ZERO DROOP" setting is selected on the governor?
4. If the main propulsion diesel engine governor works irregularly with a jerking motion, a possible cause can be _______.
5. On a diesel engine equipped with an isochronous governor, if the "speed droop" control is reduced to the "zero" setting, the engine _______________.
6. The required amount in the change of speed necessary before a governor will make a corrective movement is known as ____________.
7. Air bubbles in a hydraulic governor can cause ___________.
8. Which of the listed governor operating characteristics is considered to be isochronous?
9. Governor hunting is caused by _____________.
10. A continuous fluctuation of the speed, due to overcontrol by the governor, is known as ______________.