2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Haydraulic & Deck Machinary (Set 16)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lint from cleaning rags can be harmful to hydraulic systems because the lint ___________.
2. With an increase in temperature, the volume of hydraulic fluid ___________.
3. If you attempt to tighten a leaking hydraulic fitting with pressure on the system, you will ___________.
4. A fluid power system is considered to be fail-safe if a component failure will result in ___________.
5. A hydraulic cylinder is fitted with a cushioning device. The piston abruptly slows towards the end of its stroke, then continues to creep to the completion of its stroke. Which of the following represents the probable cause?
6. When it is necessary to start an axial piston hydraulic motor under conditions where the hydraulic fluid is colder than the lowest temperature recommended for proper operation, you should operate the system at ___________.
7. A casing drain is provided for axial piston and bent axis variable stroke pumps to ___________.
8. A fluid power system shall be so designed ___________.
9. During the repair and overhaul of the pump relief valve, used in a hydraulic system, the set point was reduced by 7bar. Which of the following statements describes the result of the set point being lowered?
10. Which of the following statements represents a disadvantageassociated with a spool-type, solenoid direct operating, directional control valves?