Haydraulic & Deck Machinary (Set 2)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the listed hydraulic system components could an O-ring seal be satisfactorily used in providing a seal?
2. Before performing any maintenance on a hydraulic system storing energy in an accumulator, you should ___________.
3. When installing a hydraulic hose, which of the following precautions should be taken?
4. To convert a vane type hydraulic pump to a hydraulic motor, which of the following would have to be done?
5. A reservoir, as used in hydraulic systems aboard ship, is used to store hydraulic oil. Another function is to ___________.
6. The amount of the cushioning effect developed within a hydraulic cylinder is determined by the ___________.
7. Strainers are commonly used in hydraulic systems to ___________.
8. A hydraulic system directional control valve fitted with "detent" will ___________.
9. An O-ring seal in a hydraulic system will begin to leak when it has lost its interference fit due to ___________.
10. Purging air from a hydraulic system is necessary when ___________.