Haydraulic & Deck Machinary (Set 4)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Return lines in a non-pressurized hydraulic system reservoir should enter the tank well below the fluid surface level to ___________.
2. An internal bypass is provided on some hydraulic system suction strainers to help reduce the possibility of ___________.
3. Overheating of a hydraulic system may be a result of ___________.
4. A reservoir is used in a hydraulic system to ___________.
5. An orifice-check valve placed in a hydraulic system is used to ___________.
6. Hydraulic system reservoirs should be maintained at recommended normal levels to reduce ___________.
7. In a typical hydraulic system, a baffle is installed in thereservoir to
I. insure proper lubrication of the hydraulic pump
II. assist in the removal of Solid contaminants entrained in the returning oil
8. In a typical hydraulic system, a baffle is installed in thereservoir to
I. provide a critical reduction in free surface effect hydraulic pump
II. assist in retaining the hydraulic oil to provide heat removal
9. As a general rule of thumb, the reservoir used in a hydraulic system should have a capacity, when at the normal level, approximately equal to ___________.
10. Which of the following problems occurring in a hydraulic system can be caused by the use of an oil having a viscosity lower than specified?