2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Haydraulic & Deck Machinary (Set 4)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Return lines in a non-pressurized hydraulic system reservoir should enter the tank well below the fluid surface level to ___________.
2. An internal bypass is provided on some hydraulic system suction strainers to help reduce the possibility of ___________.
3. Overheating of a hydraulic system may be a result of ___________.
4. A reservoir is used in a hydraulic system to ___________.
5. An orifice-check valve placed in a hydraulic system is used to ___________.
6. Hydraulic system reservoirs should be maintained at recommended normal levels to reduce ___________.
7. In a typical hydraulic system, a baffle is installed in thereservoir to
I. insure proper lubrication of the hydraulic pump
II. assist in the removal of Solid contaminants entrained in the returning oil
8. In a typical hydraulic system, a baffle is installed in thereservoir to
I. provide a critical reduction in free surface effect hydraulic pump
II. assist in retaining the hydraulic oil to provide heat removal
9. As a general rule of thumb, the reservoir used in a hydraulic system should have a capacity, when at the normal level, approximately equal to ___________.
10. Which of the following problems occurring in a hydraulic system can be caused by the use of an oil having a viscosity lower than specified?