Haydraulic & Deck Machinary (Set 5)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the devices listed would be considered a hydraulic system directional control valve?
2. Why is a hydraulic linear actuator fitted with a cushioning device?
3. A hydraulic fluid flow control circuit, controlling linear actuator speed, with the pump operating below maximum operating pressure is known as the ___________.
4. A hydraulic fluid flow control circuit, controlling linear actuator speed during extension, with the pump operating at system pressure, is known as a ___________.
5. The determining factor for the strength of a flexible rubber hydraulic hose is the ___________.
6. The by-products of oxidation, as a result of water contamination of hydraulic oil, are generally ___________.
7. When normal operating pressure is applied to the hydraulic oil in a high-pressure system, the oil ___________.
8. If a radial piston hydraulic pump fails to deliver rated fluid volume, the cause can be ___________.
9. Which of the listed pressure-control valves would be used in a hydraulic system to temporarily divert some, or all of the pump discharge until the additional flow was required?
10. An axial piston pump differs from a radial piston pump as the pistons of an axial piston pump are positioned ___________.