2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Haydraulic & Deck Machinary (Set 5)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the devices listed would be considered a hydraulic system directional control valve?
2. Why is a hydraulic linear actuator fitted with a cushioning device?
3. A hydraulic fluid flow control circuit, controlling linear actuator speed, with the pump operating below maximum operating pressure is known as the ___________.
4. A hydraulic fluid flow control circuit, controlling linear actuator speed during extension, with the pump operating at system pressure, is known as a ___________.
5. The determining factor for the strength of a flexible rubber hydraulic hose is the ___________.
6. The by-products of oxidation, as a result of water contamination of hydraulic oil, are generally ___________.
7. When normal operating pressure is applied to the hydraulic oil in a high-pressure system, the oil ___________.
8. If a radial piston hydraulic pump fails to deliver rated fluid volume, the cause can be ___________.
9. Which of the listed pressure-control valves would be used in a hydraulic system to temporarily divert some, or all of the pump discharge until the additional flow was required?
10. An axial piston pump differs from a radial piston pump as the pistons of an axial piston pump are positioned ___________.