2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Motor - Design, Components (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Precision engine bearing inserts are manufactured with a small portion of the bearing ends extending beyond the bearing housing or caps. The installation process of these bearings requires sufficient ____________.
2. The method of piston cooling in which oil is delivered through the connecting rod to a compartment within the piston, then distributed by the motion of the pistons, and allowed to drain to the crankcase via one or more holes or pipes, is termed ___________.
3. The piston rod scraper box incorporated in a two-stroke/cycle, crosshead diesel engine serves to ___________.
4. In a large, slow-speed, main propulsion diesel engine, which of the parts listed is under tension when the engine is running?
5. The main advantage of unit injectors (combined fuel pump and injector) over other fuel injection systems is ___________.
6. Passages are drilled in the crankshafts of diesel engines to provide lubricating oil to the ____________.
7. When may the crankcase ventilation pipes or oil drain pipes of two or more engines be connected?
8. The main function of tie rods in the construction of large, low speed diesel engines is to ____________.
9. On most modern diesel engines, the main and connecting rod bearings receive their lubricating oil by _____________.
10. Fuel injection pumps using the port and helix metering principle requires the use of a _________________.