2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Motor - Starting & Reversing (Set 8)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If cranking a diesel engine is too slow while attempting to start, it will result in ___________.
2. In an operating diesel engine, which of the following conditions is an indication of a leaking air starting valve?
3. Each receiver in a starting air system which can be isolated from a relief valve _____________.
4. Air receivers installed in starting air systems are to be _____________.
5. A diesel engine may be hard to start if the _____________.
6. The total starting air capacity required for reversible main engines is to be sufficient for a least _____________.
7. What preventative maintenance should be done frequently to diesel engine starting air receivers?