2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Power Transmission, Gears & Clutches (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where diesel engine speed and clutch controls are combined into one operation by a single control lever, movement of the lever from the "stop" position to the "ahead" position will first __________.
2. The control system for a controllable pitch propeller can be programmed ___________.
I. to produce a maximum combined propeller and engine efficiency between pitch and a given engine speed
II. for continuous operation of the engine at pre-setconditions
3. A diesel engine is operating at 1800 RPM and driving a propeller at 600 RPM. What is the speed reduction ratio?
4. The torque transmitted by an electromagnetic slip coupling is dependent upon excitation and the _______________.
5. Which of the couplings listed will prevent shock loads from being transmitted to an engine?
6. In most marine single reduction gear units, the spur gear is driven by the _____________.
7. Hydraulic couplings will transmit torque equal to the input torque by means of energy changes in a rotating vortex of liquid. For the vortices to form, there must be _____________.
8. Helical reduction gears, as used with main propulsion drive trains, are constructed so that several teeth are meshed at the same time to _____________.
9. Which of the following characteristics is true relative to meshing spur gears?
10. Gear-type flexible couplings are often used in diesel engine drive trains because they _____________.