2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Pumps & Eductors (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is water traveling along the shaft of a centrifugal pump prevented from entering the shaft bearing?
2. Which of the listed types of pumps is NOT likely to be installed in a main drainage or evacuation system?
3. Why are removable sleeves installed on centrifugal pump shafts?
4. A boiler forced draft pressure gage indicates 15 cms of water. This corresponds to a pressure of _____________.
5. An inadequate reciprocating bilge pump discharge is most often caused by _____________.
6. Increasing the speed of a rotary pump above its rated speed will result in which of the following conditions to occur?
7. Propeller pumps are used primarily where there is a need to move a large volume of liquid. However, their use is limited by a maximum total head of _____________.
8. If a centrifugal pump is driven by a constant speed electric motor and produces a discharge pressure less than designed, the cause is probably _____________.
9. Which features of a centrifugal pump reduce the need for renewing worn impellers and pump casings?
10. A centrifugal pump may fail to deliver water when first started if the _____________.