Scavenging,Turbocharging & Aircooling (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the two events listed occurs simultaneously in a two-stroke/cycle diesel engine?
2. Scavenging in a turbocharged, four-stroke/cycle diesel engine is accomplished _____________.
3. Air scavenging of a diesel engine cylinder ____________.
4. A diesel engine is supercharged in order to ____________.
5. One characteristic of a pulse type turbocharging system is ________________.
6. Which of the listed types of superchargers will NOT have a volumetric capacity proportional to engine speed?
7. Which of the following turbocharging systems channels the exhaust gases of each individual cylinder directly into the turbine rotor blades?
8. A turbocharged, four-stroke/cycle diesel engine has a larger valve overlap than a naturally aspirated four-stroke/cycle diesel engine, in order to increase the _____________.
9. Which of the following statements is correct regarding a turbocharged four-stroke/cycle diesel generator?
10. Why will a turbocharged diesel engine produce black smoke if excessive additional load is applied too quickly?