2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Ship Construction, Repairs & Regulations (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gasket and the broken studs have been replaced on a tank manhole cover. Which of the following methods is satisfactory for testing the repair?
2. Vertical transverse structures in the double bottom are known as _____________.
3. The garboard strake is located _____________.
4. The end joint formed by adjoining plates in a hull plating strake is properly identified as a _____________.
5. Structural members used to support and transmit the downward force of the load and distribute that force over a large area, are called _____________.
6. The welded joint located between two plates in the same strake of hull plating is called a _____________.
7. Vertical support members used to strengthen bulkheads are called _____________.
8. The double bottom in a vessel is a space comprised of _____________.
9. The inner bottom of a ship is the _____________.
10. A shot of anchor chain has a length of _____________.